chickpea salad as the name indicates it’s very rich in proteins. This recipe is very easy to make and packed with many flavors. This is a quick-made salad.
Total time required for Chickpea salad
Preparation -10 mins
Cooking – 4 mins
Mixing – 2 mins
Ingredients for Chickpea salad
For chickpeas preparation
- Chickpeas – a can of 540 ml or homemade 355 grams unsoaked.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Paprika – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Cayenne pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Cucumber chopped – 1 cup
- Red bell pepper chopped – 1 cup
- Onion chopped – ½
- Tomatoes chopped – 1 cup
- Shredded carrots – ½ cup
- Parsley – ½ cup
- Virgin olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon juice or vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Maple syrup or sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
Equipment required for Chickpea salad
- 2 Large spoon
- Big bowl
- Serving big plate
Steps to make chickpeas salad
Preparation of chickpeas
- Take a pan and heat it put 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Now put soaked chickpeas in the pan. And add salt ½ teaspoon of or as per taste.
- Now add spices 2 teaspoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, dried oregano 1 teaspoon, ground cumin 1 teaspoon, and Cayenne as per your taste.
- Now mix well chickpeas and all spices on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until chickpeas are cottered evenly with spices.
- After 3-4 mins turn off the flame and keep aside this mixture and let it cool openly.
Salad dressing preparation
- Take a small bowl and put 3 tablespoons of virgin oil in it. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in it.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, salt as per your taste, and ½ teaspoon of black paper. If you want this dressing more tangy increase the amount of lemon juice.
- Now mix it well and keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl and add all the chopped vegetables to it.
- Now add cooked chickpeas to it.
- Add the mixture of salad dressing in it.
4. Mix all of these well and if you want to add salt or black pepper then add after that again mix it well.
All done you High protein Chickpea salad is ready to survey. Serve it on a large plate and add some dry fruits on top of the salad.
In this way, you will make a delicious Chickpea salad. Please comment on us after making this salad. If you are a food lover and want to cook mere interesting recipes please visit our website recipes4me.